Sunday, September 08, 2019

Life Lessons from Lion King


After watching the 1994 version of the Movie, umpteen number of  times, it was indeed one of the most awaited films in 2019 for me.  And I had to see it with my kids, for I thought they need to be introduced to the world of Mufasa and Simba, and good that I chose the 4DImax Format for the same.  

Before I had actually seen the movie, I have been following people’s reviews of the movie on the social media.  I have heard many and especially, the die-hard The Lion King fans that they are underwhelmed by the latest version.  Probably because, how high the bar has been set by the vintage animated version.  

The story is still the same, and the movie, a scene by scene re-production of the earlier cartoon version.  Only difference is this time, it is animated version and the characters are livelier and more emotive.  

A little about the story…Typical Bollywood, or more so, typical Shakespearean.  A young, cute lion cub is born to be the King of the Jungle.  Patriarch, who is the reigning King  of the family is killed by an evil family member desiring the throne.  Young cub grows up in exile while the kingdom suffers under the evil king’s rule.  Young cub returns to take his rightful place and restore the order of the jungle.  Everyone lives happily ever after except the evil king who meets a horrific but deserving end.  And the story ends there!

There is one thing I want to say about this movie.  The CGI, cinematography, and sheer excellence which this film is made is simply mesmerizing.  I am continually blown away by the quality of Disney films.

If you are looking for a good family film to show it to kids during their vacations, then this is it.  

By the way, if you want some inspirations from the movie, Here are some quotable quotes :- 


"Life’s not fair is it my little friend?  While some are born to feast, others spend their lives in the dark begging for scraps.”

“Everything the light touches is our kingdom.  But a king’s time as ruler rises and falls like the sun.  One day, the sun will set on my time here, and will rise with you as the new king.” 

“While others search for what they can take, a true king searches for what he can give.”

 
 

No comments:

Long Term Effects of COVID-19

As more people recover from the Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19), I have seen some frightening trend, that the Governments going gung-ho abou...