10 Things I Like About Delhi
This was my entry for the HT-Penguin Delhi Bookshelf Contest. Though I was not lucky enough to feature in the top three winners, I was consoled by the fact that my selection is in the top ten ( ;-( but no prizes for featuring in the top ten).
10 Things I Like about Delhi :
1. Delhi is a miniature world of luxury and glamour, it is a world that soothes, relaxes and allows us to indulge ourselves in our own special way.
2. I Love the Mix of the Old and the New. Where else in the world can one find an up-market shopping mall in the middle of a village ?
3. Delhi gives me my infinite variety of books, movies and even girls, and as also, the infinite variety of the earth and the sky.
4. I Love the good balance of Buildings and Gardens. The Greenery that you come across in Delhi, you won’t find it in any other city.
5. In Delhi I love the freshness of the dawn, the beauty of the sunset and the rich magnificence of the night.
6. Delhi allows me to have these small moments of self-interaction with myself, when I can have complete freedom to be myself.
7. At Delhi, I love its People and the range of people that I get to meet in Delhi. It is mind-blowing…I don’t think u come across such interesting, diverse, people in any other city.
8. Delhi’s like a place where dreams become real…and miracles happen.
9. There is enough work in Delhi, to keep me busy and not enough to make me dull.
10. And last, but not the least, I love the street food here. The Chaat, the Gol Gappas and the Chhole Bhaturas are lip smacking, hygienic and easy on the pocket too.